Benghazi Climate & Temperature
- Benghazi, Libya is at 32°4'N, 20°16'E, 132 m (433 ft). See map.
- Benghazi has a subtropical steppe/ low-latitude semi-arid hot climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: BSh).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Benghazi is situated in or near the subtropical thorn woodland biome.
- The average temperature is 19.6 degrees Celsius (67.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 16.5 °C (29.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is oceanic, subtype truly oceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 258 mm (10.2 inches) which is equivalent to 258 Litres/m² (6.33 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 3235 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Benghazi you would come out nearest to the climate station at Rurutu, French Polynesia.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Benghazi, Libya Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Patras, Greece - 698.5 kms (434.1 miles) N
- Zante/ Zakinthos, Greece - 632.6 kms (393.1 miles) N
- Tripoli, Peloponnese, Greece - 636.5 kms (395.5 miles) NNE
- Kalamata, Greece - 576.8 kms (358.4 miles) NNE
- Methoni, Greece - 544.3 kms (338.2 miles) NNE
- Milos, Greece - 642.3 kms (399.1 miles) NE
- Kythira Island, Greece - 531.1 kms (330 miles) NNE
- Souda/ Khania, Greece - 519.1 kms (322.6 miles) NE
- Heraklion, Crete, Greece - 580.7 kms (360.9 miles) NE
- Tobruk, Libya - 345.3 kms (214.6 miles) E
- Salloum, Egypt - 468.3 kms (291 miles) E
- Mersa Matruh, Egypt - 663.2 kms (412.1 miles) E
- Siwa Oasis, Egypt - 593.1 kms (368.5 miles) ESE